As Valentines is just around the corner I thought I would give you some inspiration on what to do makeup wise. Even if you're snuggled up with Ben and Jerrys and a good chick flick, this is still a pretty, feminine look wearable for most occasions.

I wanted to keep the base nice and fresh so I went with my trusty Liz Earle Signature Foundation (£21.00, 25ml). This gives a natural finish and blends into the skin like a dream, it's definitely one of my favourites. I then reached for my Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer (£6.99, 9g) to conceal and brighten under my eyes, then set it all in place with some powder. I used the MAC MSF Natural (£22.00, 10g) but a great one from the drugstore is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (£8.99) which gives the same weightless, cake-free effect.

On my cheeks I bronzed up with The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (£13.00, 11.5g) which is really lovely, matte bronzer. I then added some Laura Mercier Lush Nectarine Blush (£20.50, 3.6g) to my cheeks to inject some colour into my face. I love this blush, is a beautiful coral pink shade and it gives off such a natural and pretty glow.

For my eyes I kept it fairly simple but wanted to use a champagne shade to keep the look oh so romantic. I swept MAC Bare Study Paint Pot (£15.50) over my lids. This is such an old favourite of mine and I love the sheen it gives, very appropriate for Valentines! I blended it out with a matte brown shadow then did my eyeliner using the Soap and Glory Supercat Liner (£6.00), which is an excellent drugstore liquid liner. I then curled my lashes (a must on Valentines) and used the MAX Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (£10.99, 13ml) to coat my top and bottom lashes.

I definitely wanted to do pink lips as I thought it was rather fitting for the occasion. I went for the NARS Yu Satin Lip Pencil (£17.50) which can be quite intense, so I just patted it in and went a bit blotting crazy to tone it down. I think this is such a pretty colour and the formula is really nice and moisturising.